We are in the middle of a mercury retrograde, the first one of three this year, and I have to say, it hasn’t been quite bad! I have been enjoying it more than I usually do and my upsets seem to be related to technology only. Whew!
Definitely a treat compared to when Mercury was retrograde in Aries last year. Much different energy!
Today we will talk about what mercury retrograde in Pisces means and how to safely navigate out of one. This current retrograde period ends on March 28th and we have a little room to breathe before we are hit with three more planetary retrogrades in April.
If you have never heard of Mercury retrograde or understand the issues that tend to arise during this period, read all about it here.
Mercury Retrograde in Pisces brings about a conundrum of sorts. Mercury is at home in the signs of Gemini and Virgo. Virgoan and Gemini interest is in the details and well, that wouldn’t work in the watery sign of Pisces.
In Pisces, there is a need to take a wider, more expansive, mystical view of life. Most people do not like change, so if you tend to be rigid in thinking or controlling in thought, this can be a very challenging time for you. Expect things to shift to create chaos to get you to uncling from these hard and fast beliefs. Going with the flow is so necessary now and being able to change at a moment’s notice will make it easier.
I myself have had to reroute regularly, sometimes even hourly! But this is the beauty of learning about life outside of our viewpoint. In learning about retrogrades and especially this one in Pisces, it has helped me keep an open mind and see change as fantastic and not something to be feared.
Indeed I am an Earth sign and have a couple of signs in my chart that are mutable (non fixed) so going with the flow is easy for me. There are some signs that are definitely impacted more than most this season and they are:
Signs Mostly Affected this Pisces Season:
- Water Signs-Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio
As a water sign, you already know how to swim effortlessly through change so keep at it! Allow yourself to expand, redirect, change directions and take risks. Others may not support you or even doubt you but don’t let them! You are in swimming season, so keep your positivity up and watch some amazing things happen this retrograde season!
- Fire Signs- Aries, Leo and Sagittarius
Cool down fire sign! You may be struggling this season because there is an innate tendency in fire signs to want to WIN no matter what the cost. In this retrograde season you can expect to see your important relationships challenged. It can be home, personal, business or in the community. Before you make sudden and drastic decisions (impulsive much?), take a breath, CALM DOWN and wait this season out. If you don’t take this time out, you can create much damage that may not be repaired.
Tips to Flow during this Season:
No matter what sign you are, for the remainder of the retrograde season, do these three things or place some importance on them:
- Allow yourself to daydream
You are having a hard time with a project at work. Instead of contemplating the solution with what you have available (may not be much), imagine a different outcome if you lived in a “perfect world” and you had every resource available to you.
This kind of daydreaming is what Pisces energy is built on! Allow your mindset to drift and imagine bigger and better things than you currently have. You may be surprised to see some of your outlandish dreams coming true or heading in that direction!
2. Self Care focus and take breaks
Many of us have noticed with the advent of this retrograde period, we just couldn’t seem to get out of bed. Ohhhhh the energy drain! As much as we are SUPPOSED to take care of ourselves all of the time, it is especially crucial during a retrograde season.
I am pretty good about taking my daily multivitamins and probiotics but come retrograde time, I am fanatical about taking them every day! I also tend to go to bed earlier, have more nap times during the day and be willing to be break commitments to honor my energy.
Work at the pace that you can comfortably. A retrograde doesn’t last forever! With the incoming new moon in April, you can expect to get that drive back and have interest in all the things prompt and fast moving!
3. Hold space for others and/or limit social time
Many people do not follow astrology or pay attention to these deeply impactful planetary movements. Forgive them anyway. 🙂
The beauty of knowledge is that it becomes wisdom when shared or experienced. This information you learn, is not meant to be storehoused in a corner of your brain until you die! No, no, no! You learn, you grow and you expand…..this in turn helps you to help other people.
Maybe no one wants to listen to you go on and on about planets. Cool. When THEY start getting irritated or frustrated, don’t judge them or make fun of them, take a higher approach and hold space for them.
Also, it is ok and perfectly normal to pull away from people in general when you are in a retrograde period. It is a time of deep introspection so if you feel to curl up in your home and spend some time by yourself, have at it! Build your energy for the times you do feel social.
Tips to leaving a Retrograde Period:
As we come to the end of mercury retrograde in Pisces on March 28th, here are some realistic expectations you can do to make it comfortable:
- Be aware. Whatever you started in a retrograde period CAN end as life returns to normal. This is why it is suggested not to start a relationship in a retrograde peiod. If you did start something, then allow yourself to be flexible and ready for adjustments. It may not end, it can change in some other aspect. Whatever happens, be open and accepting of what comes your way.
- I don’t know why but it seems like the end of the retrograde period tends to be the toughest! I can sail through a season easily until its last two days and then all hell breaks loose! Because of this happening frequently, I have learned to slow down and create space in between my TO DO list of things. When a planet ends its retrograde, the energy can be supercharged, so we can all be a little frazzled and exhausted anyway, and need the extra time to rest so we’re not completely burned out. Once the retrograde is over, work on replenishing your energy. Rest.
- Pay attention to what areas are ruled by the house the planet retrogrades in (in this case Pisces) as they tend to get the brunt of the problems during the retrograde. Start to make plans for how you can right whatever went wrong, and get everything back to normal (or better than normal) soon after the retrograde ends.
So as we journey through this water sign, take your time, relax and breathe. You got this, sometimes you may forget but I am here to remind you, all the power lies within you! Now that you are armed with this knowledge, go forth and blossom!
Uma Alexandra Beepat is an intuitive consultant, spiritual teacher and owner of Lotus Wellness Center in Northern VA.
To learn more about Uma, visit http://www.umalotusflower.com