First of all, you don’t NEED a reading! You can desire a reading to provide more information into a specific situation. Not a need but a desire.
Most times people clam up when I talk about this stuff. Why? Well instead of explaining it, I can show it to you.
Today I received this message in my dm:
Ya know……. it’s stuff like this that gives my line of work a bad name.
Sigh, don’t worry folks. I wouldn’t ever reach out to you and tell you this.
Readings are meant to validate what you already know. The truth is we already have inner knowledge of where we are going but yet sometimes we hesitate or have confusion. That’s when you get a reading.
Most of my clients already know the answer and my readings provide them the validation and confidence they need to make the next step.
Sometimes I see things they don’t see because in addition to being a reader, I am a seer. It is an ability I had since I was a child that developed and got more accurate and stronger over the years. In those situations, my seership proves invaluable as it allows my client to prepare for what will come.
Case in point, I read for a few people this year in January as an annual reading. I predicted sudden upsets to their lives and through my guidance, they were able to prepare for what was coming.
None of us KNEW it was Covid but my readings readied them and they were! Several clients wrote me by March to validate the reading and how it helped them so much.
My own readings also gave me this guidance last summer and I was able to prepare ahead of time for this year.
Most people when they reach out to me, have no idea what an intuitive reading is so I wanted to break it down a bit and explain what I do.
Firstly I do three specific types of readings that I will share now including my why and how of what I do.
- Mediumship Readings- this option is for people who want to connect with a loved one who has passed and is on the other side.
Most times people want to know that their loved one made it to the other side safely and if they had any last messages for them.
The critic might say that I can make up stuff to tell them and yes they are correct. However as an evidential medium, my task is to provide solid evidence on the person to the client, information they can verify. This weans out the fakes and wannabes who pull on generic information that can be used for multiple people.
When I connect with a loved one on the other side, I present evidential material to my client and once it is validated then I can move on to a message from them. Its a form of checks and balances I use to ensure the quality of the connection and to ensure there is a smooth delivery of communication between the living and the dead.
2. Spiritual Assessments- this reading is for people who would like spiritual guidance from their Spirit team.
Why: Sometimes in life we can feel lost or stuck and would like spiritual guidance from a higher Source into our situation. This is the reading people book.
How: In this instance I am not travelling to the realms of the dead for connection, I am going UP to higher realms of consciousness to bring information from people’s spirit guides and guardian angels. I do this by changing my levels of perception and contacting the Spirit world. I have been doing this since as a child so this work comes quite naturally for me and it is my favorite type of reading to do because it helps people understand where they are and where they need to focus on to keep going. Very helpful.
3. Intuitive Readings – this option is for people who have specific questions they would like answers to.
Why: Sometimes people feel stuck or confused into which direction to move into. This reading can help by bringing answers from the spiritual realms to provide guidance in next steps.
How: Usually I use tarot cards along with divination tools to help me gain these answers for people. I can see the past, the present and the future in these types of readings and I usually communicate with the higher consciousness of the person or their spirit guides for the answers. Most times when I bring answers, the client already knows the answer so it brings great relief and validation for their next steps.
Doing readings bring me joy because it allows me to truly help people from a spiritual place when they are feeling less than positive or happy. I love to see people happy and thriving so when they leave a reading happy, it makes me happy.
Sometimes I get people who are unhappy with the reading because the messages are not what they want to hear. This usually happens in cases of love readings because due to my ethics, I do not read another person aside from the client without their permission. You would be surprised how many nosey mothers or possessive girlfriends need this! When I refuse to do it, they can get mad or vengeful but I keep my stance because ethically it is wrong to do.
When someone comes to me for a relationship reading, I let them know that I cannot read the person without their permission but I can ask Spirit what advice they would like to give you. Most times people understand and are happy with that and it tends to work out well.
Readings can be helpful if you work with someone who has experience and integrity in this field.
If you have never had a reading, here is my advice for you when booking one.
- Find a reader to give you the session you desire. If you want a mediumship reading, find a medium. If you want a spiritual assessment, find a spiritual advisor and if you want an intuitive reading, find a psychic.
2. Whichever reader you go with, experience is preferred. Don’t be shy to ask your reader about their experience and demand for facts not generalities. When people check me out, I can easily tell them I have been doing this for 11 years and have provided over 10,000 private sessions in healing and readings. I also teach tarot workshops and host three mentorship development programs annually.
3. Do your research and check them out on social media. You can pick up on the tone and energy of a reader by what they post and see if it is in alignment with your energy and beliefs.
4. And finally, find someone you are magnetically pulled to. There are just some people you feel good around and that helps. When you feel comfortable with someone, you will trust them more and the reading will flow easily. Remember it is all based on energy and intent so starting with someone you like is a sure fire way to find your way to a great experience.
I hope you liked this article and if so, please feel free to leave a comment! I look forward to meeting you or reading for you sometime in the future. Until then, many blessings for a peaceful life. xo Uma
Uma Alexandra Beepat is the owner of the Lotus and the Light Metaphysical Center in Manassas, VA.
Uma is a Psychic Medium, Soul Alignment Coach and Spiritual Teacher and Mentor. Uma wrote the Awakened Life and is a retreat facilitator for the New Year New You Retreat in January and Living the Awakened Life Retreat in October.
To find out more about Uma visit http://www.thelotusandthelight.com